Sounds of Sputnik - New Born




Ok...so I've been a HUGE shoegaze/dream-pop fan for years. There were a group of bands in the 90's that pretty much had a strangle hold on the genre...until now.

Sounds Of Sputnik have, in my humble opinion, cemented their place in the shoegaze hierarchy. With the help of one of the genres other up and coming stars, Ummagma (whom I really dig as well), Sounds Of Sputnik have made me fall in love with the genre all over again.

Sounds of Sputnik is the combined sonic awesomeness of Roma Kalitkin and the duo Ummagma. Their new album 'New Born' is a combination of instrumental dreamscapes and vocal dream pop that take you on a journey to a ethereal dreamland you never want to come back from.

My only problem with the album is that it is too short. Half of the run time is spent on remixes, which are great, but I would have preferred to be in shoegaze heaven for another 30 or 40 minutes!

I can't wait to hear more from Sounds Of Sputnik and get lost in that dreamland all over again.

Sample the album below.





BUY IT HERE!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

https://soundcloud.com/soundsofsputnik

https://soundsofsputnik.bandcamp.com/album/new-born

Comments

Popular Posts