what I did for my birthday...I went to see Digweed and MSTRKRFT!!!

Wow...what a night. My friend had the hook up to get me in vip for my B-day which was nice as the line was huge! Drinks were flowing and a good times were had...Dig weed played some good stuff at the end of the night (nathan fake - outhouse for one) but his set was way to mellow in my opinion...expecially after following the powerhouse that is MSTRKRFT. Wow...they were insane.

MSTRKFT played loads of great tunes like...

(From what I remember...Not in order)

Kavinsky - Testarossa Overdrive (SebastiAn Remix)
Toscadisco - Nobody likes the records that I play
Basement Jaxx - Take me back to your house (speaker Junk mix)
MSTRKRFT - Paris
MSTRKRFT - Street Justice (MSTRKRFT 07 Remix)
Para One-Dudun Dun (MSTRKRFT mix)
MSTRKRFT - Easy love
Robbie Willams - Lovelight (soulwax mix)
Can You Feel Magik ? - Dunproofin' !?!?!?!?!


I freaked out when I heard Dun's tune and I had to do a double take. When I taked to them (briefly) later their was a brief mention of them getting it given to them on a disc at a gig recently. The crowd sure dug it when it was played. Neato!

They also talked about a few new remixes and working on doing some new singles. I did get to say "Hi" to Digweed too but he was tired or something and didn't say much...we was also nice enought to spend 20 minutes signing stuff for people...where as mstrkrft only chilled for a few when they were done with their set.

Here are some pics... (click them to make them bigger)

































They also threw in a few I don't remember the names of but they were tracks that Fatboy Slim used to play a lot back in the day...all I know is that they had the crowd eating out of their hands. and when they threw down "lovelight" the place went apeshit. MSTRKFRT live rocks!

All in all..between Friday night and the Bachelor party I went to on Saturday night....I had a great Birthday weekend!

Thanks again to all who have sent me well wishes....Ah...good times!

Comments

Popular Posts